During the Wine Walk, Fond du Lac’s downtown businesses become “tasting rooms” where attendees may sample different wines. Stroll from business to business exploring what downtown has to offer and shop for the holidays while you sip from your souvenir glass.
Select your 12 wine samples (2 ounces) from the numerous options available at different businesses throughout Downtown Fond du Lac. You’re sure to find something you enjoy.
Choose your ticket based on your tasting preferences:
SWEET WINE TICKETS
If your tastes lean towards the sugary sweet side, like Gewürztraminer, Moscatos, Rieslings, then this is the ticket for you. Your drink choices throughout the night will keep your sweet tooth happy! P.S. Sweet doesn’t mean only white wines.
DRY WINE TICKETS
If the thought of all that sugar makes you pucker up and long for a glass of dark, dry Saramago, Merlot, or Cabernet, then the dry ticket is the one you’ll want. You’ll explore wines that have high and low tannin counts and a range of dark and light coloring, but through it all the sugar content will stay low. P.S. Dry doesn’t mean only red wines.
A night of fun doesn’t have to include alcohol! Try out various spritzers and sparkling non-alcoholic beverages.
- Please note that We ID EVERYONE and cannot give you a wristband or glass if you do not have your ID and are not physically present. Attendees must be 21. Be flattered. You all look 21 years old to us!
- Check-in anytime from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at 131 S. Main Street. Event runs from 1-5 p.m.
- You’ll receive a souvenir wine glass and a map of serving locations at check-in.
- All participants will be given a lanyard and punch card. Once you sample your wine, your server will punch a hole in your card. You will only receive 12, 2 oz. samples regardless of how many stops are on the map.
- Your wine glass must be empty before leaving each business.
- Details regarding check in and the event will be emailed to all ticket holders Monday, November 7th to the email provided when purchasing tickets.
- Avoid waiting in line by picking up your glass and wristband early on the day of the event.
- Keep your glass in hand throughout the event or label/decorate it with a Sharpie to avoid confusion during the walk. ~Choose your route in advance to avoid getting separated from your group.
- Wear comfortable shoes and weather-appropriate clothing, since you’ll be walking outdoors between locations.
- If you make purchases during some of the great sales on the route, ask the business about picking up your purchase when you complete the walk or the next day.
- Be sure to eat lunch during the day to avoid drinking on an empty stomach.
- Many locations on the route will also have food available to sample or purchase.
- Post photos to Instagram and Facebook using hashtag #downtownfdl #holidaywinewalk2022 #downtownfdl
- Cross the streets at crosswalks.
- Manage your alcohol intake; we reserve the right to refuse to serve anyone who appears to be intoxicated.
- Parking is free downtown after 5 p.m.
Disclaimer: The Downtown Fond du Lac Wine Walk is only for persons 21 years of age or older. All attendees will be asked for identification and each attendee must check in individually to receive their wristband.
Tickets are transferable, but not refundable. Transferring a ticket to another individual aged 21 or over is the responsibility of the ticket holder. The Downtown Fond du Lac Partnership will not facilitate exchanges. In the event the Wine Walk is cancelled, tickets will be refunded.
For questions please contact email@example.com 920.322.2006 ext. 2