Modified Market During COVID-19
The Downtown Fond du Lac Partnership announces the first farmers market of 2020, sponsored by Agnesian healthcare a member of SSM Health. The market will take place on Main Street from Forest Avenue to Western Avenue on Saturday, May 16 from 8:00 a.m. to Noon and continue through October 31. Main Street will be closed to vehicular traffic from 6:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Farmers markets in Wisconsin have been exempted from closing and from mass gathering restriction instituted as a result of COVID-19. The Downtown Fond du Lac Farmers Market will be following instructions set forth by the state of Wisconsin for mass gatherings. Farmers markets, like grocery stores, are considered an essential food resource. They may prove to be even more important if larger supply chains are disrupted leading to shortages of agricultural products we produce locally.
The Downtown Fond du Lac Farmers Market has implemented temporary restrictions until state guidelines are lifted..
- All vendors will be separated by a ten-foot minimum from the next vendors.
- Six feet of space will be marked in front of each vendor booth as well.
- Product sampling will not be allowed at this time.
- Please allow vendors to handle all products until your transaction is complete.
- Hand washing/ sanitizing stations will be readily available.
- Pets are not allowed, with the exception of service dogs.
- Public seating areas will not be present.
- All prepared foods must be packaged to be consumed off-site.
- At this time there will be no musicians, activities, or special events.
- Designate one shopper per household if possible
If you are planning on attending the farmers market, we ask that you adhere to our Public Safety Practices:
- If you are not feeling well or have been in contact with someone who is sick, please stay home.
- Create a shopping list prior to attending the market to avoid lingering at vendor stands.
- Be aware of your surroundings to practice safe social distancing.
- Utilize the hand washing/sanitizing stations that will be available.
Any questions or concerns may be directed to Amber Bodart.
May 16 through October 31, 2020
8 a.m. to Noon
(Sheboygan Street to Western Avenue)
On Saturdays, over 80 vendors sell the freshest Wisconsin-grown produce, plants, flowers, baked goods, meats and cheese. Crafts, arts, pottery, and other hand-made items are also available. At the height of the season the market brings more than 3,000 shoppers downtown weekly.
June 3 through September 30, 2020
11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Main Street Plaza
(at Main Street and Sheboygan Street)
On Wednesdays, 15+ vendors sell Wisconsin-grown produce, plants, flowers, and hand-made items. This smaller market brings a weekly attendance of 250 shoppers downtown. Be sure to pick up an on-the-go lunch and your weekly produce while checking out Downtown Fond du Lac Farmers Market!
In addition to cash, both of our markets accept EBT, credit and debit cards. You can swipe your card at the Information Tent and receive Market Bucks which are used like cash at participating vendor booths.
The Downtown Fond du Lac Farmers Market is a pet-friendly market. All pets must be leashed (6ft. or less) and under human control at all times. When produce is on the ground, pets must be far enough away to avoid any potential "marking" of food items.